New Acquisitions

Today I decided to make a couple of purchases towards art for my home. We have had nothing on our walls for so long and it was feeling a little sterile. I have been hunting around for some time now and settled on a couple of pieces.

The first is by Gregory of Beauchamping. I just think this piece is so cute and totally and completely brings me back to my childhood. It's pretty sizeable for a print (22"x30") and is going to make a great conversation piece. And (I can't believe I'm typing this) when kids are in the picture, this would be great for a kids room, as well. I really love all of his other prints in his shop; it was so hard to choose just one.


The second piece I purchased is by Portland artist Amy Ruppel. If you are a Design*Sponge reader, you have probably heard of her. Her work is so lovely and too cute (without being cutesy, of course). I bit the bullet and purchased an original piece of her State Animals series. The painting is wax, paper, and oil on wood, and though small (at 7.5"x7.5"), has a softness and depth that I am so in love with. What a sweetie Amy is to boot!

No comments: