On my night table: The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks


Ok. I admit it.  I am a Miley Cyrus fan.  Now, before you click over to the next page on your web browser, hear me out.  I actually did reserve a copy of this book at the library after seeing the preview for the upcoming feature film version of the story and seeing that she was in it.  BUT.  I decided to read this book not for the afore mentioned reason, but after realizing that Nicholas Sparks is the same author of The Notebook (a movie that I refused to watch when it was made into a movie because everyone cried over it and I didn't want to go there, and five years later was forced to sit through it by my husband....and I LOVED IT).  

Long story short: I probably will not see the movie version in theaters, but I am looking forward to a lovely, easy, tearjerker of a read in this book (and you never know what will be in my queue in six months).  Don't hate.

From Amazon.com:

Seventeen year old Veronica "Ronnie" Miller's life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved from New York City to Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains angry and alientated from her parents, especially her father...until her mother decides it would be in everyone's best interest if she spent the summer in Wilmington with him. Ronnie's father, a former concert pianist and teacher, is living a quiet life in the beach town, immersed in creating a work of art that will become the centerpiece of a local church. The tale that unfolds is an unforgettable story of love on many levels--first love, love between parents and children -- that demonstrates, as only a Nicholas Sparks novel can, the many ways that love can break our hearts...and heal them.
 
Want to read along with me?  You can pick yourself up a copy right here or check out your local used bookstore or public library.

1 comment:

jozen said...

i was watching the notebook for like the 100th time last night.

that movie just gets better and better.

love your blog and your work. great stuff!

ps im having a ruffled inspired giveaway.. i do hope you join in

http://lolasgirl.blogspot.com/2010/03/with-gratitude.html