On my night table: A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg


If you feel like I just recently posted a new book I was reading, your eyes do not deceive you.  I am a very fast reader (which is why I use the public library.  Buying books is expensive!).  I finished U is for Undertow in about a week.  That was a really good one; I highly recommend it (the whole series, really).  I like to vary my book genres from week to week, so this week, I have moved from mystery to food memoir.

In 'A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table', Molly Wizenberg recounts a life with the kitchen at its center. From her mother's pound cake, a staple of summer picnics during her childhood in Oklahoma, to the eggs she cooked for her father during the weeks before his death, food and memories are intimately entwined. You won't be able to decide whether to curl up and sink into the story or to head straight to the market to fill your basket with ingredients for Cider-Glazed Salmon and Pistachio Cake with Honeyed Apricots.

You can pick up a copy here or at your local public library.

No comments: